Student Papers2011 GIS-T Student Paper Contest
The contest is designed to encourage university students to develop solutions to current GIS-T issues. Contestants will be judged on their ability to develop and document useful, original research based on GIS-T issues and to relay their research results in a complete, clear, and well-referenced paper. The winners will present their papers at the 2011 GIS-T symposium.
DEADLINE: December 6, 2010. Notification by December 28, 2010.
* The applicant must be a currently enrolled student (Graduate or Undergraduate).
* Only one paper contest entry per student is acceptable.
* Willingness to attend and present at the GIS-T Conference in Hershey, PA.
* The final paper must be available electronically to be posted on the GIS-T website.
We will be giving:
* One award of $500, travel expenses from anywhere within the US Continental to Hersey, Pennsylvania, 4 nights hotel, choice of workshops and full registration to the 2011 GIS-T conference.
The winners will also present their paper at the Symposium and their presentations posted to the GIS-T website.
Email student paper submissions or questions to Raquel Wright at Raquel.Wright@dot.gov
Papers will be judged by members of the GIS-T Planning Committee and will be rated in the following categories:
· Significance of topic
· Literature review
· Data analyses (if applicable)
· Clarity of presentation
· Validity of conclusions
· Reader interest
Students will be notified of the contest results via email.